First... WE DID IT!! My brother and I ran the 24th of July marathon and loved every minute of it (once it was over of course). Running a marathon isn't something I had every really thought about doing until a few months ago but I am so glad I did it. I have really started to enjoy running. I have to thank my husband for watching Beckett while I trained. He was a great supporter and we had so many supporters the day of the race and are so grateful for them. They made some cute posters and cheered us along the way.
I couldn't have done it without my brother pushing me the entire way. It was great finishing together. Here is one of us coming in at the end. The last 0.2 mile was a killer. They really should not put a mile marker at mile 26.
Beckett couldn't figure out why I was so wet and kept trying to wipe the sweat off of my face.
We went up Millcreek Canyon and ate dinner with some of Brett's family.
We played outside in our yard. Beckett loves the water so Brett taught him how to drink out of the hose
and he runs through the sprinklers anytime he can
and he helps me wash our cars.
We went to Lagoon. It made me so nervous seeing Beckett on those rides alone but he laughed and smiled the entire time. He loved driving the boats..
..and the car with his cousin Jace.
Here is a family pic on the train. Brett used to drive the train back in the day so he really wanted Beckett to go on this one.
We just got home from my family's cabin. We spent a few days relaxing and enjoying the outdoors. It was COLD up there though and even snowed one morning.
A cute one of the three boys on the porch swing.
Beckett decided to dig a hole and sit in it.
Brett did a little fishing.
I can't believe summer is almost over. I hope the warm weather continues for a long time so that we can keep playing outside. I love summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment