Here is Becks all ready to go. He doesn't know what he is in for.
And a couple hours later...
We got checked in and headed straight to our first hike.
Becks, for the most part, loved the backpack. Brett said he was much heavier this year but was a trooper and carried him the entire time since I am pregnant.
It was my first time there and I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. I made Brett stop for pictures every few feet.
I read in the brochure that this was the best 3 mile hike in the world. So when we got the bottom and we could either go back 0.8 mile or go forward 1.4 mile I said to Brett we may as well keep going since it is about the same. He said- ya, but almost double. He was nice to me and kept going.
This is the only time that I carried Becks. We weren't really hiking so I figured I could help a little :)
Brett and Becks went swimming that night. Even though it was inside it was still too cold for me. Becks loved squirting us with his squirt gun.
The next day we headed to the top of the canyon for a hike but only went a few hundred feet because the trail was covered in snow/ice.
The view from the top was amazing though.
We went on one more little hike at Bryce. Notice that Becks is eating Skittles. He was getting a little sick of the backpack at this point.
It lead to a little waterfall.
Then we headed to St. George. This time we got to go swimming outside. Lovin the warmer weather. Beckett loved his new floaties too.
The next day we headed to Zions and again started on a shorter hike but it was only a little farther to the next place so we decided to go on. It was well worth it.
I think the up and down movement of the backpack lulled Becks to sleep.
We went on one more small hike after eating lunch.
I think Becks favorite part of the entire trip was riding on the shuttle at Zions.
Brett was such a trooper carrying Becks the entire time and loving every minute of it-and his family claims he hates to hike :) We headed home on Sunday. It was such a great Birthday/Mother's Day weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment