First up was Lava, Yellowstone, and Jackson Hole.
The first day we stopped off at Lava and had some fun time at the pool. It was fun to have Brett there since usually Becks and I go swimming without him during the week.
We relaxed in the hot pools once it started raining.
Then we headed off to Pocatello for the night and went to a movie. We saw Dinner for Schmucks and now Becks wants to know where the mice are when he sees Steve Carell on TV.
The next day we headed to West Yellowstone. We stayed at the One Horse.
It wouldn't be a vacation for us without stopping at least once at McDonalds.
We hit the infamous Yellowstone construction and had to wait a 1/2 hour each way.
Brett told Beckett to look out for bears so he kept looking through his binoculars and saying- I want to see bears. Not surprisingly, we never saw one.
But we did see some other animals.
That day we headed to the waterfalls. I have only been to Yellowstone once and didn't remember these at all so I thought it was really cool. We didn't realize when we got out of the car that we would be doing any hiking so I did all of the hikes in flip flops and Brett pushed Beckett in the stroller or carried him the entire way. We really should have prepared a little bit better.
Yes I was freaking out here
and here.
We ended the day with some swimming at firehole. Well- Brett and Beckett got in the water and I enjoyed sitting in the shade and watching them.
After Brett was done "being safe" with Beckett he decided to have fun.
The next morning we headed back to Yellowstone but this time up to Mammoth. That day we were smarter and pulled out the backpack. It was soooooooooo hot and there is no shade.
We checked out a few more stops
We ended the day at Old Faithful. It was really windy so you it looked more like fog and an entire section of people got soaked so we were just happy we weren't sitting there.
We got to Jackson late that night and headed to dinner. Beckett loved giving this bear high five.
The next day we took a boat ride on Jenny Lake.
We hiked to inspiration point and wondered how many "inspiration points" there are in national parks.
Then we went to the waterfall.
Beckett loved playing on the rocks and in the dirt.
We drove back to Jackson and checked out the city for a couple hour but we were all tired so we headed home. It was a fun little get away. Up next.. the cabin.
No comments:
Post a Comment