January
February
My big boy turned 4. I can't believe in less than 2 months he will be 5!! I love him so much. I love how much he loves things and this year was definitely Spider-man and the color red all the way. We had to incorporate his two loves into his cake.
March
This picture of my boys melts my heart. I love seeing these two together and seeing how much they love one another. There is nothing better. We didn't tell them to kiss each other, they just did it and I am so glad to have this precious moment captured.
April
My work competes in the 4th Street Clinic mini-triathlon each year and ever since we have been married (and I haven't been pregnant) Brett and I have competed on a team. I love that even though this is the one time a year that Brett actually has time to swim laps he is still willing to do this with me. This year, with the help of Garrett, we even took 1st place in the teams competition.
May
For my 30th birthday Brett and I went on a week long cruise. Although we missed the boys like crazy it was so much fun to be able to have uninterrupted time together. We stayed up late, ate all of the desserts we wanted (well I did), slept in later than 7:00 and for one week pretended that we didn't have any responsibilities. It was wonderful.
June
This was Beckett's first time playing t-ball. He struggled at times and loved to act silly but he loved every minute and has been asking me ever since it ended when he is going to get to play again. He had the most patient, wonderful coach who was so great with the boys. It was such a great experience.
July
August
This was one of those perfect mornings where things actually work out how I think they are going to and the boys have as much fun as I envisioned. This was the first big hike we had taken Becks on. Since I was feeling the pregnancy tiredness and Brett had Griffin on his back we knew we wouldn't be able to carry him and were a little worried but he was such a trooper. He loved climbing the rocks and stopping to play in the sand every few minutes. It was so much fun and makes me excited for more summer hikes.
September
Beckett started pre-school with Mrs. Melanie. He has been going to school with my mom since he was a baby and started pre-school last year there but this was the first time that he went somewhere that he wasn't being taken care of by a family member. I knew it would be good for him (and me) to do something new but it didn't stop me from crying the first few times I dropped him off. He loves going and it has been fun seeing him become more independent but it also breaks my heart a little bit to see him growing up so fast. He reminds me all of the time that even though he is getting big he will always be my best buddy and love me!
October
Griffin turned 2 and we went up Mueller Park Canyon to celebrate with our families. It was such a great fall night with beautiful leaves and wonderful weather. We were reminded again how lucky we are to have such supportive and loving families close to us. I can't believe my baby is already 2. He still makes me feel like the luckiest mom in the world each and every single day. He is such a loving little boy who loves his snuggles and kisses as much as I do.
November
Love this picture of me and my big boy. We love making funny faces and taking pictures. It happens almost daily.
December
This picture of Becks sums up how a lot of our time in December was spent. He wrote about 100 letters to Santa. He saw the commercial of Macy's about dropping off the letters in the mailbox there and begged to go. We rode Frontrunner and Trax to meet Brett at work, dropped off the letters, saw the Temple Square lights and went to dinner. It was a perfect evening and fulfilled the magic for my little boy. It doesn't get much better than that.
I loved looking back at all of our pictures over the last year and it was so hard to pick just one from each month. I didn't include some of the big events but looking through the pictures made me realize how much I love the little moments with my family and I want to be better at capturing those. This year was filled with so much fun and excitement. It gets me excited for 2013 and all of the things this year will bring. I can't believe that in 3 months we will have another little boy. I am so excited for all of the adventures we have waiting for us this upcoming year.

No comments:
Post a Comment