Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fun in the Sun

We spent last week in California. We had a ton of fun and did so many things. I took a ton of pictures but since it takes me forever to post them I am just going to do one per day.

We arrived in Long Beach on Monday and drove to the San Diego Zoo. I loved it. It was my first time there. The panda bears were so cute. It was a long day with the flight and drive but I thought it was worth it and was so happy we went.



On Tuesday Beckett woke up at 5:30 and so Brett and I took an early morning stroll on the beach. Once everyone else was awake we went to Sea World. We watched A LOT of shows. The dolphins were the best. It was a fun day with sea creatures.



On Wednesday we swam, went shopping, went to the beach and drove to our next hotel in Anaheim. Of course we didn’t shop as long as I would like but I did get to experience H&M for the first time and found some cute stuff for Beckett. I wasn’t too disappointed since I am going to Chicago later this week and plan on spending an afternoon shopping.



Thursday was our first day of Disneyland. We spent the whole day going on rides in Disneyland. It was a fun but exhausting day. We went to Toon Town during the parade and got to see Mickey without any lines. Beckett was just wanted to grab his nose.



Friday we went to Universal Studios. There were a few rides that were fun. The best part for me was riding the Simpons ride with my dad. The best part for Brett was the back lot tour. Beckett and Nixon found enjoyment in playing with their feet.



By Saturday, we were so tired that Brett and I slept in (7:30 AM) and headed over to Disneyland again. We went on a few of the kid rides with Beckett and then headed over to California Adventure. Brett said the biggest disappointment was Soaring Over California but loved the Tower of Terror.





By Sunday we were really tired and headed over to Disneyland again around 11:00. We went on a few of our favorite rides again and then shopped in Downtown Disney. We flew home that night and got in around 10:30.



As you can see this vacation was packed with activities. It was such a fun trip but I definitely needed sleep by the end. Beckett and I slept in until 10:30 on Monday.

A few other things of mention about the trip:
- Beckett refused to get in his stroller by Saturday. He has mastered the technique of arching his back and making it impossible to strap him in.
- With all the driving, flying and rides Brett surprisingly didn’t throw up once.
- It is a lot more work to go on vacation once you have a kid.
- It is not fun to sit in the bathroom and feed Beckett while little girls peek in your stall and then describe to their moms (and everyone else listening) what you are doing.
- 90 degrees in October is my kind of place.
- Chloe likes the Lexus SUV.
- Turquoise is the universal color. It looks good on everyone. I read it in an article.
- Flamingos are pink because they eat shrimp
- The Front Runner is a lot cuter than the Commuter Train.
- There are really pretty red flowers on the drive to San Diego.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That picture of Nixon and Beckett really shows how small Nixon is. I don't really notice it until I see them together. So cute. It will be so fun when we go back to Disneyland when they're three. Then they can really enjoy it.