Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Love Your Body (and your hair)

So I was reading Shape magazine at the gym this week and noticed that it is Love Your Body Day on the 15th (today). So I have been thinking all day about this. I don't know if this idea kind of back fired on me because I thought even more about my body than normal. I was trying so hard not to have any negative thoughts that I couldn't get it out of mind. I guess this is a good idea though. I know that I need to have a more positive outlook on my body and focus on the good. On the website is says that 80% of women are dissatisfied with their body so I guess it is normal. The other day Brett said to me- I weighed myself this morning and I lost 15 pounds. 15 pounds!! He hadn't even noticed that he was getting skinnier but just wanted to see how much he weighs. I thought it was so funny. I would definitely notice if I lost 15 pounds. I guess that is the difference between us. In Shape they also featured a book "Life doesn't start 5 pounds from Now." I liked the title but wonder if the book is any good. It has good reviews on Amazon. Well anyway, I am pretty sure this Love Your Body Day also applies to your hair (not to mention any names or anything).

1 comment:

natalie said...

Ha Ha!!! I love you! And you have the awesomest body ever and you have had a baby (that i love, even if you claim he just smiles for fun, i know its cause he loves me!) and you still have a body that most people (me included) envy. So shut it! LOL And if you lost 15 lbs. you might die or something. duh! I needed this. I wish i could like my body. (or my hair for that matter!)