Thursday, July 28, 2011

Too Much!

I want to keep my blog updated but when I think about it I get overwhelmed. So instead of going all the way back I'll post some July pics and hopefully be more diligent about updating this blog from this point on...maybe.

As has become tradition, we had people over to our house for the West Bountiful 4th of July parade. I made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, my mom brought fruit with a yummy dip and the kids ate way too much candy.


Griffs slept through the entire parade but I wanted to get a cute pic of my matching boys. Why is it harder to get my 3 year old to smile for the camera???

Right after the parade we headed up to the cabin for the long weekend. Don't judge his outfit...it is the cabin and anything goes there :)

Brett was being super dad and carried both boys.

Becks and I rode in the back of nanny's care once we were inside the gate... again.. anything goes at the cabin :)

Can you believe the snow? We went up to Butterfly Lake- where normally this time of year we would go fishing. The lake was frozen and we had snowball fights instead of picnics and hiking.


Griffin was too sure about the snow. Okay-- he really didn't like it.

Cute one of Grandpa K and Griffs.

We were having difficulty with the camera so I didn't get any pics at the river. It was so high!!! We had fun but had to be inventive with activities since the usual lake day and throwing rocks in the river weren't options. Brock did a fun treasure hunt with the boys since they are obsessed with pirates lately. We were all impressed with his rhyming skills.
Griffin has decided to become a big boy and pull himself up to everything. I took all three of these pictures within a couple minutes. He goes, goes, goes from one thing to another. He is such a busy boy!!! He has started walking with furniture and can stand up for about 10 seconds by himself but no steps yet.



We went to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. Digging for bones...

Pretending the dinosaur is about to eat you...

Just happy to be outside. Griffs is the best baby and is always smiling. Even when he is stuck in a stroller in the hot sun.

There were about 10 of these and the boys insisted that I take a picture of each one of them (Becks, Nix and Jace) at every one.


Me with my matching Batman boys. Becks is ALL about character shirts lately and insists that Griffin wears his Batman shirt so they can match.

We really do think these 3 are the most dangerous creatures- especially after the playground incidents :)

Having fun at the playground. Natalie even had to join in on the fun.

Grandma K with her babies.

Grandma K with all of her grandkids. Again what is up with the 3 year olds not cooperating :)

We ended the fun, hot day with pink lemon sour slushies. Doesn't get much better than that.
Next up.. Ogden horse parade with the Handys. Becks loves horses and loves dressing up as a cowboy so you can imagine how much trouble Brett and I were in when we realized we left his hat at home. Luckily Grandma Handy brought a bandana that Becks thought was "just like Woody".


It was fun seeing all of the different horses and Becks couldn't stop talking about all of the horse ....(you know what) that was on the road for days- guess it is a boy thing???

Still more July fun to come but it will have to wait because my window of both boys asleep is over.

No comments: