Saturday, October 8, 2011

Birthday Boy!!!

I really can't believe that Griffin is already one but I really can't remember my life before this guy joined our family. He has been the sweetest little boy since the day he was born. Before he was born, I knew that I would love him more than anything but I was a little nervous about how he would fit in with our family since all of us are so high strong and I was worried that he might not be. He isn't and he fits even better than I could have imagined. He brings a calmness to our family that was missing before. He wakes up with a smile on his face and a need to hug and cuddle with his mommy before starting his day. I love that. He has taught me so much already in his little life. He never really cries, just whimpers a little- except when he is put in the bath, or even sees the water running for the bath-but stops as soon as you take him out and cuddle with him. He sucks his right thumb and even more so since we stopped nursing and still takes a binky too. He loves his brother and spends most of the day laughing at him. He has become a true walker in the last few weeks and loves carrying things around the house. He knows he isn't supposed to climb the stairs so when I catch him on them he starts laughing hysterically. He shakes his head no, gives kisses and high fives and waves bye. Every time I look at him I still can't believe how cute he is. He doesn't mind that I kiss his cheeks a hundred times a day. He likes everyone and will let them hold him...unless mom is in sight and then he wants me. He loves pointing his finger at everything and makes noises like he is telling you a story about what he is pointing at. He eats everything but prefers foods he can feed himself, loves fruits and cheese. Loves playing with balls and throwing them. He is amazing and I feel like the luckiest mom.
Unfortunately he is trying to get two molars right now so he wasn't his perky happy self for his birthday party last night but he really tried to have a good time and even managed a few smiles.

Checking out the soft lion.

Ignore my ugly face in the background... I love this action shot of Becks.

Caroline is so sweet and I feel so bad for her since she has to deal with all of the crazy boys.

Becks was a good brother and opened up all of Griffin's presents for him.

I couldn't decide on one flavor of cake so I made 3- chocolate with mint ganache filling, pumpkin chocolate chip with cream cheese frosting, and zucchini with caramel frosting. We have a lot left over so if you live close feel free to stop by.

Not feeling well didn't stop him from enjoying some cake. This boy is like his mom and LOVES sweets.- Do you think both of my boys love of sweets has anything to do with me eating so much when I am pregnant?? :)





He managed to get chocolate all over..even on the back of his head.

Griffs is so lucky and has so many people who love him.



Thanks everyone for coming to celebrate Griffin!!!

No comments: