Thursday, November 3, 2011

St. George

The minute I saw that Tuacahn was performing The Little Mermaid and Grease this year, I knew that I had to go. I talked the rest of my family into coming too- it wasn't very hard. We decided to go over UEA and since it was the last weekend of performances we could only get tickets to TLM Wednesday so we drove down and basically went straight to the show.
Here we are before the show.. Brett and my dad stayed back with the little kids. We decided to trade off watching the kids with the show and golfing but somehow Brock got to do both...


TLM was really cool. They created all of the scenes in really fun ways. They had some fun additions from the movie but of course my favorites were the originals.
The next day we got up and went swimming but all of those pics are on my phone so I'll have to add them later. While the guys went golfing in the afternoon we took the kids to the Wildlife Museum. I am sorry but this place creeped me out...a ton of stuffed dead animals.


Becks has been talking about hyenas ever since he has watched Lion King so he was excited to sit on this one in the play room. Touching these things REALLY creeped me out.
Dressing up as a hunter..I think.

Don't you love watching "babies" walk??? It is one of my favorite things.

My two cute boys. Becks found this place to sit and thought it would be a great picture.

And if the animals don't creep you out enough they also have an insect room with the biggest bugs I have ever seen.

The kids liked it though and it was an unique experience.
Since the boys decided not to take naps we had some more time and decided to go outside and play. The hotel we stayed at had an indoor and outdoor play area and pools-perfect for kids. Becks is trying to see Jace through the holes. This was a source of entertainment for the two of them for a good 10 minutes.

I can't believe how big Griffs is getting. He was even climbing up the slide- shouldn't that wait until at least 2??? I guess that is what happens when you are the second boy trying to keep up with your crazy older brother.


That night Nat, my mom and I went to Grease. I didn't get any pictures but we had a blast. It was really fun and it was so hard not to sing along the entire time. It was fun to go to both shows because they were so different from one another.
Brenda and Steve joined us the next day and we headed to Snow Canyon. I can't believe I have never hiked around there before. It is gorgeous! Becks was a trooper and hiked the entire time.

In the beginning I had to keep telling Becks there would be sand the entire time and he didn't need to stop to feel it every two steps.

Isn't he the cutest??? I just love this boy!

The views were amazing and there were plenty of places to climb (aka- be spiderman) and be king of the mountain so it kept Becks moving along.






We found a "secret" cave. It was really cool inside but pitch dark once you got all the way in so you couldn't real tell what you were taking pictures of. I know my mom wouldn't like this picture of her but I love it! I think it shows her personality so well. She always has the best outlook on things and is always having fun and smiling this big.

After all of the hiking we stopped off at the sand area. Of course we had to bury the kids. Even though Brett made Becks take off his shorts and shake them off before we got in the car I still found so much sand in our suitcase when we got home.

Trying to get out. I think it was about this point when he realized he was going to be dirty. Even though Becks is an adventurous boy he doesn't like getting dirty-I hope that isn't my doing.

Then Becks wanted to do it again with Jace.

Before we left on Saturday we decided to go on one more hike. This time Becks got to ride in the backpack- I think Brett's back is still hurting.

There were a ton of hieroglyphics that were really cool.

A fun, fun weekend!!

No comments: