Wednesday, March 13, 2013

This time around

As I am getting closer to having this baby boy (I can't believe I am due in 17 days!!)  I have been thinking about all of my pregnancies. They have each been so different.. 

With Beckett I was nauseous the first trimester but it was manageable. We didn't tell most people until I was 4 months along so it seemed to go by so quick. We had so much to do to get ready. Even after being put on bed rest the months still went by pretty fast. I loved being pregnant during the winter because it gave me something to look forward to during the months that I normally dread. The holidays came and went and then we were ready to welcome our baby boy into our family. He was born and it changed my life forever. He taught me about a love I never knew existed.

With Griffin I threw up almost every night during the first trimester. I stopped working out completely in order to try to prevent the bed rest again- and it worked. Becks and I went on a ton of walks around the neighborhood and to the park. We moved into a new house, went swimming all summer, took naps on the hammock, played in the backyard and savored every minute. When summer was over we got ready to have Griffin and he was hear before I knew it. He was a dream baby and still is.

With this pregnancy I was sick to my stomach the entire first trimester and so incredibly tired. Brett came home to me laying down on my stomach each night. Even the thought of food made me sick to my stomach. Around week 18 I had a few good weeks but since then I have thrown up at least a couple times each week. It has been rough. I feel so guilty that the boys are watching TV and playing with the phones more than I normally let them but I just don't have the energy to entertain them all day. Since I loved being pregnant during the winter with Becks I thought I would like it again but I have realized this week, with the weather being better and the boys playing outside, that I think that is what has made a big difference this time around. We have been stuck inside too long. I have finally gotten some energy back. I am so excited to be outside again and the boys are too!

With all of that being said...... and all of my complaining about the last few months.....I love being pregnant. I love feeling my little boy move inside of me all day, reminding me with each kick how lucky I am to be a mom. I love laying on the couch each night, staring at my tummy, watching him move all around. I love going to the doctor and hearing his heartbeat. I love looking at his ultrasound pictures on the fridge. I love thinking about him.

I can't wait to meet this little guy in a couple weeks. I can't wait to see what he looks like and what is personality will be like. I can't wait to hold him in my arms and cuddle with him. I can't wait for him to join our family.




 


The only good thing that has come out of Becks watching more TV is the PBS kids commercials that talk about nutrition. He has even been requesting apples and carrots for breakfast. In his normal inventive ways though he somehow makes the "unhealthy" items that he loves "healthy" by telling me things like, I know the chocolate milk from school turns chocolate by adding in brown carrots. Griffy found the chocolate powder one day while I was showering. He didn't even need milk.   

No comments: