Friday, November 7, 2008

UTA

On Wednesday Beckett and I rode the bus for the second time this month. You see, we have been having some car trouble and since Brett goes to work before the auto shop opens and does not get home before it closes, this leaves me in bit of a predicament. No worries though, there is a bus route just a block from our house that takes me right to the auto shop. These times on the bus remind me of my junior high bus days. My friends and I rode the bus to Crossroads mall almost every single Saturday. It made us feel independent and grown-up, not having to rely on our parents to get places. We made some interesting friends on these bus rides including the crazy man with a doll and the man who got kicked off for being drunk. Times were different then with the bus fare only being 50 cents in the beginning and going all the way up to 65 cents (which we felt was a huge jump- by the way- why not 75 cents who has a nickle and dime?). Now bus fares are $2.25 which leaves me to no longer wonder why people are always asking on the streets for help to pay their bus fare. No worries though, for a minimal fee of $41 dollars per month, I get a parking spot at work and a FREE UTA pass. I guess if I really used the pass it would be a steal since a monthly pass is $74.50. I doubt I will allow my children to ride the bus alone when they are in Junior High. Times have already changed too much and I am afraid I am much more of a worrier than my own mom but I am glad my parents allowed me to because I now know how to read bus routes and don't feel in a bind when I need to pick up my car but have no other options but the bus.

PS- My sweet brother did give me a ride to pick the car up so I only had to ride the bus one time that day which I am very grateful for.

If you have ever been on the bus you will definitely have to agree with me that I had the cutest person on the bus sitting next to me. If you haven't been on the bus you'll still have to agree because he is just so adorable.



Our first bus ride which just happened to be Beckett's 8 month birthday. I am going to count it as his first time on UTA because the bus experience is just so much different from FrontRunner =)



Our second time on the bus. This time I left the stroller at home and just kept Beckett in his car seat.

No comments: