Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week in Review

1. The flag has now moved inside our house. I was tricked twice and thought it had been picked up but the first time it had just fallen down (don't worry I only ran over the metal pole) and the next time Brett had brought it inside. I guess we will have to wait until January (Martin Luther King Jr. Day- they put up flags then, right?) to get it picked up.
2. I finally learned how to use an iPod. I know, I think I am the last person in the world to learn how but now I can. If I can just figure out how to turn it on and off and adjust the volume I think I will be able to refer to myself as an expert =)
3. The Utes beat BYU, going 12-0 for the season, and Brett and I were there to witness it. After coming home from the game, Brett proceeded to watch it again on TV, only this time it only took 1 hour instead of 4 since he was able to fast-forward through the commercials and time-outs. Don't worry - he still yelled at the TV and came in after it was over to tell me that the Utes had won the game.(he is just a little obsessed)
4. I looked through "old" pictures of Beckett and I am once again reminded at how lucky I am to be his mom. He is just so fun to play with and I love every minute I get to spend with him. He has the cutest personality and is so active. I love him more than words can describe.
5. Beckett slept through the night for the first time. We did keep up until 9:30 and his normal bedtime is 8:00 - then transferred him to his car seat where he cried for about 5 minutes and then transferred him out of his car seat to his crib- but once in the crib he did not wake up again until 7:30. After 9 months of little sleep, Brett and I will take a full nights sleep anyway we can get it.
6. Brett put up our Christmas lights. Now usually I am a stickler for waiting until after Thanksgiving but since Thanksgiving is so late this year I was afraid this might be our last weekend with nice weather. Last year we never got around to putting up lights with all the pregnancy mumbo jumbo and I wasn't willing to go through that (no Christmas lights) two years in a row.
7. I have decided that talk radio is negative and puts me in a bad mood. Even if I agree with the things they have to say I still don't want to listen to all that negativity. Thus, I had to resort to #2 on my list since my car does not have a CD player or even a working tape player (as if we still have any tapes around).
8. I raked twice this week and hope this is the last of them. This year we have been able to keep on top of the whole leaf thing much better than last year, (once again I blame the pregnancy mumbo jumbo for last year's slacking). The spring was brutal so I have raked at least once a week for the last month and am hopeful that next spring won’t be so bad.

No comments: