Sunday, December 7, 2008

Great Weekend

I spent the weekend in LA with the girls in Brett's family. We went shopping both days and Wicked on Friday night. It was a quick trip but really fun. Wicked is so much fun and I would recommend it to anyone. I am not normally much of a play/musical type person. I am usually staring at the program trying to figure out how many more scenes I have to suffer through. Not this time though, I really enjoyed it. To top it all off -- Brett had his friend come over and sheetrock our wall that was previously wood paneling. I have been whining about this wall since the day we moved in and had honestly given up hope on ever getting it done. So you can imagine my surprise when I walked in to find all the furniture in our dining room and no more "wood" on the wall. I told Brett a few weeks ago that if he would get this done I wouldn't ask for one other thing for Christmas. I guess he decided to take me up on this offer. Now I just don't know what I am going to do with the things I have already bought for myself for Christmas. Shopping, fun with girls, a great play, and an improved house - there is nothing more a girl could ask for.

I am also very proud of my hard working husband. Not only did he manage to get this great feat done all while taking care of Beckett, who is currently into everything and anything, but he also got great news at work on Friday. He is such a hard worker and I love him.

1 comment:

natalie said...

Um... What great news????