Brett got Good Friday off since the markets are closed so he decided to take Thursday off too and we headed up to the cabin. We were looking forward to a good relaxing time and hoping that it would cure our colds but....Beckett started throwing up almost as soon as we got there and by Friday Brett had ran out of clean clothes (since he was usually holding Beckett when he decided to throw up) and so we headed home. I think he is finally getting over it now but I thought that earlier this week and he threw up all over the car on our way to daycare. So... needless to say we turned around and went back home.
So as you can imagine I haven't really had anything very exciting to blog about and thus the lack of posts lately. There have been a few good things happening amid the illnesses....
-Beckett can say two words now - Hi and Bye- he says them perfectly and totally knows what they mean. He will get his coat/my purse/or anything he can use as a coat and walk to the door and start waving and saying Bye.
-We celebrated Easter with both of our extended families and my parents gave me a Mindy Mint Egg and samoas- really in my book nothing can beat that.
-Natalie, my mom, Beckett and I went to the new Forever 21 store that is HUGE!! My mom was the only one that found something to buy but we sure did have a fun time looking around. We spent so much time there that we didn't have time for the new Nordstrom Rack. I guess we will have to go this weekend.
-We had one nice day of weather this week and Beckett and I took advantage by doing a little yard work. It also looks like it is going to be nice this weekend so I am excited about that.
- I have decided to start training for a marathon- we have not gone as far as signing up yet since I am still a little nervous - but it has been fun running with my bro and sis so far and last week my brother and I ran 14 miles and the good news is that I am still living and walking to talk about it. Tomorrow we are supposed to run 16 miles so we will see how that goes.
- I almost forgot- after much sadness on my part- Beckett got his first haircut. We finally cut all the long hairs on the top of his head. I really did get emotional. I am a dork. He is just growing up too fast.
- This was the picture outside our house on Wednesday- doesn't the weatherman know it is April showers- not April snowstorms. Oh well- it still looks pretty even in April!
1 comment:
Hey Kallie,
Brett let it slip the other night that you had a blog. Cute pictures! Beckett is getting so big. I can't believe how fast time flies.
Post a Comment