Thursday, March 19, 2009

Loving the warm weather

I have been working way too much lately. I had to work last Saturday, 12 hours yesterday and I have to work 3 days this week instead of 2. I know... I have nothing to complain about since most people work 5 days a week and some people (including my husband) usually work at least one 12 hour day a week. I am still going to though because the weather has been so-- nice lately and I am experiencing spring fever. Not to mention I felt like it had been days since I had seen Becektt when Brett brought him to me this morning. His smile was the best thing I have seen all week long. Beckett and I played out in the yard today and went on a walk. He loves being outside as much as I do so it works out nicely. He is just so cute walking around in our front yard. It takes so much effort for him to go up the hill. I am looking forward to the summer when we can play all day and take naps out in the summer sun. Until then I am going to take advantage of every warm day we get since, according to the weatherman, they are numbered.

Here is a cute picture of the B-man playing outside.


On another topic, I took Beckett to the doctor to get his iron tested again today. He was such a brave boy (finger pricks are the worst!!) It is still low but is getting higher so a few more weeks of the iron and hopefully he will have reached the optimal levels. I also had the nurse weigh him, hoping he would have reached the 20 pound mark and he did!! He weighed 20 pounds 9 ounces with all of his clothes on. She said they normally count the clothes as a 1/2 pound so he even has one ounce to spare. Yeah--- we can turn the car seats around and Beckett won't have to stare in the sun any longer. I tried to get a good picture of the huge band-aid on his small finger (what ever happened to the cartoon caricature ones- I guess they don't come in the finger shape)


On yet another topic, who litters these days. On our walk I noticed how much litter was on the side of the road. Is it just me or do most people just wonder how it goes through someone's head- I am done with this cup/can/cigarette pack/etc... why don't I just throw it out my window. What?!? Okay- just a pet peeve of mine.

On yet another topic, while we were walking to the post office I was reminded that it took me over 2 years of living at my house to figure out to send out mail. We have a mailbox that is attached to our house and it doesn't have a flag to flip up to signal that we have outgoing mail so I had no idea how to send out mail. I left a few letters in my mailbox and the mailwoman (we had a female at the time) never took it. So I gave up and just went to the postoffice every time we had to send something out. This might not seem too annoying to most people and it wouldn't have been to me either since I only mail out maybe one letter a month but considering the fact that we have lived in our house for almost 3 years now and still get mail for the previous owner on a weekly basis you can imagine how much mail we were getting when we first moved here. So I would make weekly trips to the post office and write return to sender and then about 1/2 the time would receive that same mail back again and then have to cross off the address to a more unreadable state and go again to the post office. Then one day I thought to ask my grandma how she sends out mail since she too has a mailbox attached to her house. She said you just attach it to the outside of the mailbox or leave the mailbox open--- genius-- I always wondered what the clip on our mailbox was for. Now I only have to go to the post office for stamps.

No comments: