Saturday, May 14, 2011

"Dad told me"

I am not done with the Cali trip but...... my Beckett boy has been all about his dad lately and it has been so cute I just have to document it. His answer to everything I ask him is either "dad told me" or "dad says so". When i ask Brett why he would tell him these things he denys it but I don't know who I should trust. Here are a few sample conversations.

Becks- mom you have blue eyes. Good guys have blue eyes and bad guys have red eyes. You are on bumblebee' s team.
Me- ya I have blue eyes. What color are your eyes?
Becks- I have blue skinny eyes.
Me- Who told you that you have skinny eyes? (since I have never heard eyes referred to as skinny before)
Becks- dad told me

This one occurs about daily/hourly...
Me- Becks please don't do that. We don't do stuff like that . (like throw our toys, sit on Griffs, dump all the crackers on the floor, etc etc)
Becks- Yes we do.
Me- No we don't
Becks- Yes we do. Dad says so.

Me-Becks you are so cute.
Becks- I'm not cute. I am handsome. Girls are cute and boys are handsome.
Me- Who told you that?
Becks- Dad.

And just right now as I am typing this.
Becks- Give me your blue phone.
Me- One second I am doing something.
Becks- I NEED it!! Give it to me. Dad says so.

So... I guess this is all I can write because... "dad says so" :)

No comments: