Yesterday my sister and I ran the SLC half marathon. We decided a few months ago that it would be a good way for me to get back in shape after having Griffin/not working out for almost a year and for my sister to feel better about not being able to run the marathon with my brother and me a couple years ago due to a knee injury. The weather hasn't been that great to train, especially for what I call "fair weather runners" like ourselves. We only got to run outside two times so we were a little nervous about pacing ourselves and even more nervous that it might rain or even worse, snow. As luck would have it, my sister got a really bad head cold which made breathing during the race pretty difficult but she was such a trooper and did awesome. Our goal was 9 minute miles and we beat that by a few minutes. The course was so much fun. I loved running through the city.
Here is the only picture we have of us running. Nat is hidden behind the girl in the red. If you look REALLY close you can only see a little of her white shirt and arm.
Us in the crowd right after we finished.
Meeting up with the fam after we finished. We are lucky to have so many people come support us.
Becks had to get in on the pictures action.
Posing with our medals :)
I am so glad that I was able to do this with my best friend/sister. It was so much fun running with her. One guy was running by us and said he couldn't believe that we could talk while we run and I thought, I can't imagine running this and not talking with her. Hopefully she will still meet me at the gym on Saturday mornings to run together. Thanks Nat for forcing me to get back into shape.
No comments:
Post a Comment