Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Bubble

Yes, even though the "bubble" is long gone from the rec center, I still refer to it as such.

Am I the only one that misses the bubble? What happened to the days when a regular old swimming pool with a couple diving boards provided enough fun for kids for hours? Even though my son LOVES playing on the pirate ship and running around the splash pad, I am still thinking of starting a petition to get the rec center to add a regular old swimming pool outside.

If you were there yesterday and heard the lifeguards blowing the whistle, it was probably to yell at Becks. If he wasn't going down the slide on his belly or climbing up the slides or climbing up the ropes then he was running around the pool. Do the lifeguards really think a whistle and a yell (that can hardly be heard over all the kids screaming) is going to stop this 3 year old??? Well they gave it a valiant try and most of the time we pretended that we had no idea who's kid would do such things :)

We realized that even though we have been going swimming at least once a week at Cherry Hill (and twice this week- pics are on my phone so they will have to wait) that we hadn't made it to the bubble yet this year. Yesterday was a perfect day, not too crowded and plenty hot. Well perfect until they had to close it down to clean out something that I won't mention. It was okay though because it was about time to leave and gave us an excuse to give to Becks. That boy would swim all day if we let him.


Griffin even got in on the fun and went down the slide with me.

Griffs and papa K hanging out.

And everyone else taking a break- or in Natalie's case laying out- from the sun.


Have to stop off at the climbing wall on the way out. Griffs was seeing what all the hoopla was about. The inside pool chlorine and Griffin's eyes are not a good mix. That stuff is potent!!
These two are best friends. It is so cute to see how excited both of them get when they see each other. Leila takes good care of my Griffies.

Becks wanted to go down the big slide by himself but just before he went down they stopped him and told him he was too short. Guess we'll have to wait until next year.I realized when we got home that I had forgotten to put sunscreen on. Good thing we have been outside a lot this summer so I only got a little sunburned on the shoulders.
Fun, busy day that started out at 4:30 AM when Griffs woke up and I couldn't go back to sleep. I thought I would be productive and go to the gym before anyone else woke up but didn't realize that it didn't open until 6:00 so came back home and did some chores around the house first. I LOVE Saturdays, especially in the summer.

No comments: