Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dinosaur Craziness

I decided to brave the $2 Tuesdays at Thanksgiving Point again this year. I thought it might not be as bad since school started this week. We got there and the line was just as long as last year. There wasn't very many "big" kids though and it didn't seem quite as crazy once we got inside. That might also be because I have noticed lately that Becks is actually getting a longer attention span. (It is a miracle!)I still have to chase him around but he actually stops and looks at things for a little while. It is so much fun to see him explore, learn and grow up.
They had a new exhibit that was all about motion. Since Becks was wearing his Batman shirt he had to relate it all to that.

Driving the Batmobile.



Checking out the dinosaur feet.

Puzzle fun.


He spent a long time in the cave. I finally went in to check on him and he said - mom come sit in here so we can talk. This boy makes me laugh!

Posing with the "big boy" and "baby" dinos.

He was pulling all sorts of scared faces but by the time we waited until he was alone to take the pic he was all done with pulling funny faces.

Could have played here for hours. Did play here for a good 30 minutes without one single fight with other kids- that just might be a record for us.

Highlights I missed since our camera is acting up..
-spent another 30 minutes playing in the sand/water area.
-two T-Rex dinosaurs. This boy was in heaven.
-ended the day with a 50 cent chocolate ice cream. Becks couldn't have been happier or messier.
This place is great and Becks loved every minute. I just wish it was closer so we could get a pass. I really need to buck down and go on a "normal" day so we can fully appreciate all the fun there.

No comments: