Friday, August 19, 2011

Handy Heber Camping

Brett's Aunt Sue started planning this family reunion over a year ago. The time finally came to head to the Heber Valley Camp. We had such a great time. We got there around 10:30 on Monday and hung out for a while before heading to the challenge course.


We started out with a few team building games. Even Griffs and I had to get in on the swinging fun.

Becks loved hanging out with the older kids and they were so sweet to him.


Finally it was time for the "big swing". Becks looks so cute waiting for his turn.

Getting hooked in.

He had a HUGE grin the entire time.

And after...

Becks had to help his dad pull.

They were smart and put a sandbox next to the swing to keep the kids entertained.


Then it was Brett's turn.

He went really HIGH!! and even touched the tree on the way back- the missionaries were very impressed.

He had to pull a cool move.

Both nights we sat around the campfire. I have to admit that I had a s'more both nights.
Brett's grandpa George is turning 90 this month so they did a little tribute to him on Monday night. I only got to listen to the first few people (Griffs was getting TIRED) but it was so fun to hear the stories.

Becks looking tired but totally fighting it. He fell asleep in Brett's arms both nights sitting at the campfire. If you know this guy, you know that he must have been exhausted!!

Tuesday after breakfast we went on a walk down to the lake. I can't believe that Brett can still carry Becks in this. He is much stronger than I am.

The lake was gorgeous.

Another sandbox. Brett was the master castle builder.

Nicole and Garrett planned a fun mini olympics for the kids.

"Balancing" a cup on his head.

Gunnysack race.

Becks decided that was too much work and had Brett carry him in the sack on the way back.

3 legged races.


A fun sponge game that Greg thought of. I wish I got a better picture of the point drawings. They were so cute.

They ended it with a sponge water fight.


They gave each of the kids cute medals at the end. I heard Becks say to Graham while they were sitting here- I won and you winned- sounds good to me. These two had so much fun together. They are both busy bees. We spent the entire time trying to find them because they were just running around the camp together.

We went to another challenge course Tuesday afternoon.

Becks wasn't big enough to do the zip line but they let him climb the rope ladder and swing around. He wasn't too happy about not being able to do the entire thing though so I ended up leaving before my turn and didn't get any pictures of Brett.


I saw this game on my SIL's blog and thought it would be a good one to take. The kids(and Brett) thought it was fun.




I had to get a picture of Henry and Griffin together. Henry made a book all about Griffin. Henry is so sweet with him. We were sitting around the campfire and he says to me- Kallie I can't stand looking at your baby- and so I said- why not- he says- because he is just too cute! He cracks me up.

Wednesday morning before we left we headed out on the lake. Brett played some horseshoes while we waited for instructions.


It was hot but fun.

It was such a great few days, spending time outside and with family.

No comments: